Tuesday 7 September 2010

Re: 20 hrs 01 mins official and in the book - Alan Soutter, 6 September 2010 16:15

Well put Andy!

Wayne's amazing feat has really inspired me. I have shared it with many of my friends and I think it has the same effect on everyone that hears the story.
It is an example of unflagging determination and inner strength that we don't hear about any more.
It is a story worthy of Ernest Hemingway.

I can only imagine how many times he struggled against the current, his entire body wracked with cold and pain, and thought "I can just stop. I can stop here, get in the warm boat with my friends and nobody will think less of me. This is impossible. It is crazy. I can just stop now."

But he didn't.

Wayne's success has made me think about what I am doing with myself right now and plan to find a new personal goal to test myself against.
I have no idea what it will be, but I have a fire inside of me now that must be quenched.

Thank you Wayne for being such a WONDERFUL inspiration and congratulations on this amazing accomplishment.

Cousin Alan

PS: where are the pics? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment